As I’ve stated time and time again, there is no job description for the pastor’s wife. None.
I believe it has everything to do with what God has placed in your heart to do.
You likely know what it is. It’s that lingering, burning feeling about a topic or a group of people. Some pastors wives have a “burden” on their hearts for abused women. Others care deeply about single moms.
Others still, feel a sense of commitment to the elderly. It’s no secret that some pastors wives feel committed to young children. Similarly, some are passionate about music. Whatever your “call” walk in it fully! Embrace it. Start now!
In case you need some ideas. I have a list ready for you to consider! All of these are for women (except where otherwise listed)
- Ministry for Women (as a whole)
- Book Club
- Caring for the older women in the church
- Women’s Bible Study
- Reaching out to women hurting
- Caring for the grieved
- Workshops for teen girls (on etiquette, proper attire, dating, confidence, etc)
- Mentoring 20 something women
- Supporting the ministers’ wives in your church
- Prayer Ministry for leaders, staff, and family
- Coordinating special things to occur on Mother’s Day
- Welcoming new members and reaching out to the incoming wives
- Managing and supporting the deaconesses (women married to deacons)
- Organizing the visitation ministry for the sick and shut-in
- Create a greeting card ministry and send random cards to women or children
- Leading the effort for a monthly potluck for the women in the community to come
- Plan a “girls night out” to watch movies and have a potluck
- Organize a “Back to school” even every year
- Plan a women’s pampering day (admission is nail polish to try out and share)
- Set a date for an accessory swap (help people get rid of junk and find new “junk”) – could also do a purse party, if you can find a vendor. Make it a potluck!
- Here’s one my team and I did. It was a combo purse party and potluck. Super fun!
- Organize special snacks or periodic gifts for Sunday school teachers
- Plan a women’s workout – meets weekly and exercise to videos or with a live trainer
- Have women come together to do a craft
- Maybe women could collaborate in groups to make non-cook meals (like sub sandwiches – or one long one!)
- Plan a family game night for the church
- Organize a road trip with the ladies in the congregation
- Plan a special tea or “girly” event
- Plan “all girl” bowling
- Organize a nursing home or hospital VBS (Vacation Bible School)
- Schedule a toe painting night as a twist on washing one another’s feet (although feet washing wouldn’t be a bad idea and you could link it to scripture)
Can you think of any others? Post them as a comment and inspire us all.
I love you for reading! Please Subscribe!
Girrrrl, you know I gotta have this major, huge Pinterest image at the end of my posts. I hope you pin it! Yeah? Great! Thank you!!!!
Married to a Pastor.com is a blog for pastors wives focused on offering encouragement for a pastor’s wife as well as insight on being a pastor’s wife…from one pastor’s wife to another.